Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Petty theft

Status
Not open for further replies.

friollano

Hi, I really need some help with this.... I was fired from my job yesterday because I stole $5.00 from a bag. I didn't know who the bag belonged to and I didn't know how long it was there and when I saw the money, I figured oh well. Anyways, come to find out, it belong to a girl who worked upstairs in the office and she put it there because she was setting a trap. When I got called upstairs, my bosses asked if I took the money, at first I denied it and got upset that they accused me but then I told them that I did. They told me that they called the police because there has been several incidences with people missing money and items and now they believe they caught their thief. I was totally blindsided by this because I didn't know about any other incident (only 1 that happened awhile ago) and now they are trying to accuse me!! The cop came and made a report and told me that I was lucky I wasn't being arrested but they can go to the police station and press charges on me whenever they wanted and have me arrested. I almost lost my mind when I heard that!! So, after the cop left, my bosses come back to me and tell me that they feel that I am responsible for the ones and if I am, to just let know and I can make restitution. If not, they are going to proceed with filing charges and have me arrested for the $5.00. Bascically, I was painted into a corner, go to jail for $5.00 or say I'm responsilble for things I did not take. Well, right now I am home waiting for the police to come arrest me because I told them that I am not responsible for anything but that $5.00 (which I confessed to) and it is not fair for me to take responsiblility for someone else's wrongdoing. I told them that if all they wanted was restitution, I would gladly pay them what they wanted just so I can stay out of jail but I will not say that I am responsible. They told me no that I cannot do that because I have to give and sign a statement stating that I am responsible and describe whtat I am responsible for. Now how can I do that if I don't even know what is missing?? I am scared that I am going to jail and have to do time because of this! Does anyone know what kind of punishment I am looking at?? I am scared that I am going to lose my children because of this because if they arrest me with my daughter being home, they will take her from me!!! What do I do??? Please help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back