Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Petty theft what to do??? Need advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zaxxon

Hi all,

Need some advice on a recent petty theft misdomenior charge please. Here is the story... I went to a certian retail store where they have an outdoor place surrounded by a fence. I attempted to place an item around $20-30 through the fence. It was barely through the fence when my contience got the better of me and I started to walk out the store. I was met my 2 sercurity guys. They didn't have on any badges or anything to indicate sercurity. I then got spooked and with my heart racing I jumped the fence and got away. When I came back to get my car 1 1/2 hrs later there was securtiy watching. He must have gotten my liscence plate #. So 2 weeks or so later I get a letter from police and ordered a court date. What sould I do? Get a lawyer or represent myself? I was 17 when I got caught for petty theft and here it is 5 years later. I've never did anything wrong other than these 2 times. Never gotten a traffic ticket either. I'd appreciate some advice.

Can someone please enlighten me? I don't care to go to a lawer right now (as they can be pricey) but maybe there is someone here that can tell me what to do. Do I really need a lawyer represent myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back