Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Petty Theft in Nevada

madison756

Just about 4 months ago, I was accused of petty theft in Nevada. A loss prevention officer took me into the back room and had me sign a civil demand notice form and opted NOT to call the police on me. Instead, I signed a summons program that said I will be getting a court summons in the mail. I received the civil demand a few days later and paid it quickly. I've been checking with the courts and they have no information about me to date. I recently talked with the local Police Department who said that there is a case under my name for petty theft, but that it's not assigned to a police officer and that "it's closed." Unassigned, according to their website, means that available leads of investigation have been exhausted and they may resume investigation if new information comes to light. The clerk on the phone said that it's closed and that the report is available for pickup. Does this mean that I might not have to go to court for this crime and that it's over? I'm 20 years old.

I concur. As a retail theft consultant I see and hear theft stories everyday. Based on your post you are likely not going to see any further action on this. Your only concern at this point is if the store placed your name in any retail theft database or not.

Since you did pay the civil demand, it is not likely for you to be summoned to court based on what you posted.

Back