petit larceny

Status
Not open for further replies.

mistakes

I was in shopping with my mother getting odds and ends. from the time I was little my mom always puts our coasts over her purse as to not attract attention to them.

my mom is getting forgetful of alot of things and I don't stay focused well. She had to use the restroom I stayed with the cart. We were in the front of The store.

She came out and we started talking away. We weren't thinking to say the least. I'm embarrassed and ashamed. We were taken to the room and received tickets.

i think the truth sounds stupid myself.Do I tell the truth on this? The coats had fallen over some items but u could clearly see other items there of course was nothing in our purses pockets or person.

I can't have this on my record but it looks bad because my mom has done this before. On purpose.what do I plead?what do I do for me and my mom?I don't have much money maybe a hundred or two. Was for x-mas but crap happens and now I need help please.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're not America's Most Wanted, as you said, stuff happens.
So, plead not guilty when you appear in court, admit nothing, confess nothing, say nothing about the case, whatever you do, DON'T TRY TO EXPLAIN.

WHY?

They won't believe you, so simply don't admit or explain.

After pleading guilty, ask the court to appoint a public defender.
This all takes time, so be patient.
While time passes, please don't do anything stupid and stay crime and arrest free.
Eventually you meet the lawyer, and when you do, don't explain.
Simply say you want to get the best outcome possible, because you're innocent.
Don't say anything about mom, the dumber you are, the better things will be.
Only speak about you.
Don't say silly things like, "Yeah, mom has done this for years."
Just keep suing, you're not guilty, and don't know nothing about nothing, except you didn't do nothing.
They won't need your money now, because you're innocent until you foolishly rat yourself and mom out, or get convicted. Be smart, be silent, it's your right.

Ok you have two concerns here you and Mom. I am a retail theft consultant and answer questions like your from people like you daily.
Your first concern is you however it could be tied to Mom as I will explain. You need a Lawyer. He can guide you through legal process with possible defense options and plea deals. If you go for defense (not guilty) then you need to show you had no knowledge of items your Mother had as to remove yourself from alleged theft. You might also discuss your Mothers condition and you not having knowledge of theft. If there is documentation of her condition this could help both of you.
In your Mom's case its more serious as its a second offense. Once again if there is any documentation of your Mother's condition I suggest you get it and take it to an Attorney. If not she could face jail time for second offense. I once had a client in a similar situation and I advised him to take and complete the NASP Anti Shoplifting course and show Judge proof at court date. He did and Judge was so pleased he dismissed his case on the spot no probation nothing. I cannot say same would happen for you or your Mother but it will not hurt. The NASP is a "Not for Profit" group.

The bottom line is you need a lawyer & speak only to the lawyer. If you can't afford a lawyer, ask the court if they will appoint you a public defender. They will go over your options with you. You aren't a minor are you?

Your Mom needs to get a lawyer or public defender also but you need to worry about you.

Mom lives with me and is my best friend, even if she doesn't tell me everything. I have to be there for her and worry about her because no else will and thank you for the advice.

The thing is right now you have to be concerned/worried about your case - that is your first/main concern. What you need to do.

Your Mother also needs a lawyer or public defender to help her/defend her - of course, you are going to worry about her because she is your Mom. However, 1st focus on your case. Talk to your lawyer about you & your options.

No one said you should not worry about Mom in fact based on your post Mom could have some serious issues with her health. What we are saying is your primary concern is you. If you are in jail or dealing with the consequences if shoplifting this can impact how you care for your Mom. Again talk to a lawyer about your legal options and have Mom (possibly with your help) talk to one about her legal options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back