Personal Representative using deceased credit card

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveCentner

Greetings. After my mom's death, the personal representative (PR) used my mom's Master Card. She closed the account on February 10, 2006. My mother passed away on June 28, 2005. The credit card is not a joint account. The Will directed the PR to pay out of my mom's estate all legally enforceable debts, expenses of her last illness, funeral expenses and administration expense of my mom's estate, as soon as possible after my mom's death.

The PR charged $2,456.92 to United Parcel Services items to ship estate property out of state to Colorado and Wisconsin. The PR used the estate checking account to pay the balance on the credit card. A review of the estate checking account it appears as a legitimate enforceable debt. I knew they shipped property out of state. I did not know how they did it, until I checked each cancelled check.

My question is this. Using my mom's credit card to help out another beneficiary without others knowing, is that legal. It looks shady to me. The estate attorney said there is nothing wrong with what the PR did. I disagree. Any insight will be appreciated. Steve srcentner@cox.net

Doesn't appear to be anything illegal. She could have simply done a check from the estate account but some companies insist on a credit card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back