Consumer Law, Warranties personal property

Status
Not open for further replies.

luvlee

I bought a bar on Dec. 1, 2008 and it was suppose to come with a karaoke system. The Friday night before I took over this system was knocked over and broken. A friend of mine owned his own DJ/Karaoke business and came to inspect said system and it was not able to be fixed. I then bought a new system from him. We then experienced a bar fire a year later and the insurance company replaced the system I purchased. I had to sign the property back over to the original owner for reasons not needing to be mentioned and she felt the system I bought was hers. I have it and she is threatening my guy who built the system. What do I need to do to stay within legal rights on this matter? I have not spoken to her since the sign over in October of 2010. She is still contacting my minor daughter after I have mailed a request to stop.

The bar was returned AFTER you bought the new system, yes? You have documents showing you purchased and replaced the system while YOU OWNED the bar, right? She has no rights to your property if you turned over the business to her after you took your property out. Just like the system she had installed became yours when she left it in there as part of the bar and signed it over to you.

Ignore her. If she wants it bad enough she will eventually try and sue you over it, and at that point you can emplain it all to a judge and have your buddy show up to support your story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back