personal belongings

Status
Not open for further replies.

cooper441

my boyfriend has been living with me for 8 months rent and bill free. he is not on any lease here. he decided to cheat on me and got caught. since then he will not answer any of my calls to get him to come pick up his belongings and his cat. he has also stolen my camcorder and money from my bank account and borrowed 60 bucks the day before he got caught. how long do i hold his property before i can consider it abandoned and get rid of it or sell it to make back what im out. it has been a week already with no communication from him.

My non-legal suggestion would be:

Send a letter to your ex-boyfriend (hopefully you know of his current address). Advise him that you would appreciate the return of all items belonging to you - list each item with full description. Mention that upon the delivery of these items to you, he may at the same time accept the delivery of those items of his which you are holding.

Indicate that if you do hot hear from him regarding this exchange within 20 days you shall consider his items to be abandoned and that they shall be sold to cover the loss of your items retained by him.

Better luck with your next boyfriend... :)

belongings

I have been living with this man for 7.5 years now even though he has never physically hit me he is abusive in other was. I plan on moving out but he say's I can only take my clothes with me. We have accumalated alot of things together. Can I take any of those things with me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back