permission to use image

Status
Not open for further replies.

gardengal

1) I have a 1950's children's book from the UK that lists the publisher and I have researched this publisher and haven't found any trace of it. How do I get permission to use an image from this book in good faith? I want to put it in a video I'm going to sell.
I suppose my bottom line question is at what point along the way can I consider having "done enough" and still use the image?

2)I have some old 1930's/40's Valentines Cards that I want to use in the same video. There is no mark, manufacturer, copyright symbol etc to guide me as to where to get permission. The same question exists for these images, at what point can I consider having "done enough" and still use the Valentines.
Thanks for your guidance.

This is not legal Advice!

I think it would be best to try and search a bit further in to your quest as company's buy up rights to different things and wait for people like you to fall into there web!!

Try this site and see if they can shed some light, this is your best bet as they have a huge data base of who is who and what is what in the world of books.

www.bl.uk

Good luck

Mark.

Great link muggsyj! In some instances you may not be able to acquire the legal rights you need to include items in a product you wish to produce. You may wish to consider creating your own version, perhaps inspired somewhat by what you are looking at. This might be easier and cheaper than continuing to seek the rights holder and then having to negotiate terms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back