1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

    Dismiss Notice

Permanent Green card Permanent Residency

Discussion in 'Green Card, Residency, Naturalization' started by august21xp921, Mar 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. august21xp921

    august21xp921 Law Topic Starter New Member

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:
    I married an illegal alien from peru 2 years ago, he had overstayed his welcome in the us in florida to be exact.
    from a work visa he received and had expired. I proceded to marry him to help him get his permanent green card , but divorced him after regretting the descision and he received his temporary green card, but he never got his permanent green card,
    now he wants me to write a letter for him and have it notarized so he can submit it with his lawyer to immigration in order to have them give him the permanent green card.
    The letter needs to say that our marriage was real even thought it lasted a year.
    i want to know will i have to go to court and testify to this , or will the notarized letter be enough or am i just asking for serious trouble here.?????
    i need an answer pronto.
    Thank you.:)

Share This Page

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.