People watching everything I do inside my house

Jurisdiction
North Carolina
I have lived in apartment complex for 4 years. There have been people who watch me in every room of my apartment, most likely from the attic and talk to me accusing me of crimes and threatening to kill me at night while sleeping. For a long time I thought I was just thinking this was happening and I take many drugs for schitzo with severe side affects. All meds stopped working and I think it is because this is true. They tell me they are cops and harrass me 24/7. They have accussed me of many crimes and tell everyone in the neighborhood that I'm a pedophile. I have contacted a private investigator because they know if I call anyone like the police and would be gone when anyone came to check. I know it's illegal for them to watch someone in the privacy of their home and eventually when I find out who the ring leader is I could sue for defamation.

What would you recommend I do? Have I done the right things so far? I'm constantly shaking and nervous because I can't lead a normal life like this and the medication has led to many medical problems. Please help!

Back