paying property off

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluestar

Hello my question is I owned property and had a Home Equity line of credit taken out of the property.
Went through bankrupcy and was dismissed.
Walked away from the property and the property was sold about 8 months later.The home Equity was to put money into a business and i have the warranty deed to that property now. I
Continued to pay on that mortgage loan for the business.
So when the property was sold i still continued to make monthly payments 21/2 yars after it was sold.
Was i obligated to continue to pay on this line of credit that was used from the previous home which was sold? if I carry the warranty deed? Or does this lender which i paid monthly payments to for the 2 1/2
Should have not been paid to them? once the home was resold

Important information need
Thank you for your time..

Last edited:
All of your debt should have been discharged in BK.

Why did you continue to pay when you weren't rewuired to pay?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

property/title

I am not sure what happened, I asked the attorney to not to let my building go to Bankrupcy andtry to keep it. My
business property because I had tenants and a business going.
Just in case they needed to take my home or I walked away.
so how that was done not sure, The property was out of state and payments were coming out of a bank account in that state. So now I have sold my business and property in that state.
So am I entiltle to the last 2 years of payments which were made to this mortgage company which would be about $20,000

Thank you for your imput!

property/title

Does this sound like I could get a lawsuit and get this money back? Or
should i leave it alongr. Please some helpful insite in my direction
is needed

Thank you again for all inputs

property/title

should I leave it alone. Please some helpful insite in my direction
is needed. Should i stop paying now?

bluestar said:
should I leave it alone. Please some helpful insite in my direction
is needed. Should i stop paying now?

You should ask your attorney about it.

I'm not sure what was done or why.

It seems irregular, but there must have been a reason.

That part of the debt might have been reaffirmed.

If it had been reaffirmed that might be why you were directed to continue paying.

It doesn't matter now, because you were able to sell your business and move on with your life.

But, no harm in asking why.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your bankruptcy was dismissed not discharged so your debt was not extinguished. Even if it was you would have lost the property in the process. My guess is that your property foreclosed after the bankruptcy was dismissed and the first mortgage was paid but the equity line was not.

You have been paying payments to the deficiency balance on the equity line and that has kept you from being sued. To verify this, contact the lender and ask them to show you the payment and balance history for the loan. Specifically ask how much credit you received when the property was sold. I suspect none because it was a second mortgage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back