payday check loan

Status
Not open for further replies.

rlake26

I recently did a payday check loan, when it came time to have the check deposited I did not have the funds available due to some unforseen problems. I was notified by mail that the check had been returned and the I had to July 20th to pay the check or to make acceptable payment arrangements. I called them and told them that I would pay them $50 a week until it was paid off starting the next friday(which was last friday). They told me that that would be fine. Well friday i was sick and could not go into the business to make the payment but I called them to ask if they could take my payment with a debit card so it would not be late, they told me they couldnt, so I explained to them that I would be in on Monday because I was sick and they said they would make a note of that on my account and that it was fine. I went in on Monday and made the payment like I said I would and then the next day they called my bank to see if the funds were available and then went down to the bank and got a cashiers check for the whole amount of the check! Can they do that even though they told me that I had until July 20th to pay for the check and also accepted the payment arrangements? Because of this I am know going to have several bounced checks and nsf fees. WHAT CAN I DO PLEASE HELP ME!:confused: :confused:

I don't fully understand the situation. The only thing I can see is that you had tried to pay but ended up with NSF - not suffient funds. Once the funds were available it would seem difficult for you to complain since you purported to make payment earlier but didn't. Why should they now, after having gone through all this trouble that you caused, have to wait until July 20? I'm not trying to call you a bad person, but I think you understand my point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back