Consumer Law, Warranties partner no longer wants a verbal agreement -- now written

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewmullen

4 months ago I ended an informal business arrangement with someone. We never got around to drafting a partnership agreement, DBA, etc. We did however take out a loan together and after a year of doing business and we parted ways amicably. It was verbally agreed the I would be responsible for half of the loan based on a specific payment schedule, which I have adheard to fanatically. After our partnership dissolved he consulted his cousin/lawyer who has gotten him quite worked up and now has my ex-partner hounding me to sign a written agreement with clauses added in by his Lawyer/cousin that are far from anything we ever discussed.

I have consulted a lawyer who advised me to keep paying him and decline to put anything in writing, since it would only serve his interests, protect me in no way, and I have continued to pay him without fail.

So my new dilemma is: he won't stop hounding me via email, to sign something, and I don't want to spend anymore money on another visit to my lawyer. My lawyer assured me I'm not obligated to sign anything, but when does his harassment become illegal, or does it ever and what can I do about it?

always listen to your lawyer. Never sign anything you don't want to sign, never ever. Nobody can force you to sign anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back