K Visa Partner In Canada wants to move to the United States

Status
Not open for further replies.

allsmiles

Im hoping somoene can help me answer a few questions. My girlfriend lives an works in Canada, yet she would like to move here to US. I see that green cards are only issued if the person coming to the states has a job lined up, they are going to school, are getting married.... she is doing neither of these things. What is the procedure that we will need to follow in order to get her here. She is not wanting to become a US citizen either. She thought that she needed to have some type of a sponser here in the states. A canadian relative who is now living here.... is that correct??

To be honest we have NO clue how this is supposed to work. Any information will be very helpful.

Thanks again.

No, your first lineup was correct: You either need to be married to someone living legally in the states, or have an employment visa which you normally only get through an employer or be a student. Relatives other than spouses who live in the US as foreigners cannot sponsor a visa.

How often does a company sponsor a Canadian

Would happen to know how often a company here actually hires a candian?? I would assume that its a low percentage seeing as the company would be paying for a lot of the expenses, correct??

As much as I have looked into this process, I still can not believe how strict everything is!

thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back