1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

parole holds

Discussion in 'Probation, Parole, Incarceration' started by shanny, Feb 22, 2017.

1. shanny

shanny Law Topic Starter New Member

Jurisdiction:
    Illinois
    My boyfriend is on parole, he caught a new charge, however the charge is getting thrown out. i talked to his parole officer, because he placed a parole hold on him, and he told me he was lifting the parole hold. how long does it take for him to lift the hold and what all does the parole officer have to do to lift it? i guess im wanting to know is it as simple as signing a piece of paper.? and takes 15 mins to lift it.

2. Highwayman

Highwayman Well-Known Member

What difference does it make? There is no more hold so it's as if that never got put into place to begin with.

3. mightymoose

mightymoose Moderator

Time to release will vary depending on the speed of processing. It could be a few hours and it could be a few days. If his case has already been tossed then it will be sooner. If it will soon be tossed but is still pending a hearing, it will be later.
    There is no way for you to speed it up. Be patient.