Parole, Probation parole fees

Status
Not open for further replies.

beingwronged

:mad:i was just released from prison and am being asked to pay parole fees on causes that are long-way [over a year] discharged. i had detainers and was taken back to the county and resentenced. parole did not revoke me [expartee snow] ,and i spent years on this cause, because i had detainers, i did not get any money [parole checks] how can they want to reclaim fees that incurred while encarcerated? is this legal or just extorision? am i even in the right place for this advice?

Last edited:
Oh, yes, it is legal. I don't know the details of your fees.
I do know that they can assess many fees.
Either you pay up, or they keep you locked up!!

I suggest you get an attorney or ask for a public defender.

thank you for your quick response to my question,i will use your advice. have a good day! if you hear anything differant please advise me.

these fees were incurred by being released on parole,but upon release i was turned over to custody of detaining county.i was resentenced but parole opted not to revoke, but to stamp [exparte snow] and was turned over to custody of tdcj on new cause. i did four years of sentance. while on that cause, time of cause in question expired appx. one and a half years before release on current parole. i am confused as to why now when trying to reintergrate into society,[that upon the many obsticles in front of me] that a large amount of debt would dumped into the struggle. how in good common sense would even a criminal justice system try something that seems so unjust? maybe the justice should be dropped so that even extortion can be explainable! i do not see that to continue to kick a person when down can be an explainable action.any information that can be given would be greatly appreciated. if anyone knows who or how to contact tx. parole board [if possable] please let me know.

these fees were incurred by being released on parole,but upon release i was turned over to custody of detaining county.i was resentenced but parole opted not to revoke, but to stamp [exparte snow] and was turned over to custody of tdcj on new cause. i did four years of sentance. while on that cause, time of cause in question expired appx. one and a half years before release on current parole. i am confused as to why now when trying to reintergrate into society,[that upon the many obsticles in front of me] that a large amount of debt would dumped into the struggle. how in good common sense would even a criminal justice system try something that seems so unjust? maybe the justice should be dropped so that even extortion can be explainable! i do not see that to continue to kick a person when down can be an explainable action.any information that can be given would be greatly appreciated. if anyone knows who or how to contact tx. parole board [if possable] please let me know.

You can always ask for a hearing on the matter before the judge, if the fees are the result of a sentence.

If these are parole related fees, then contact TDCJ.
Here are some general contact details to get you started.

The TDCJ Ombudsman might be able to help.
Ombudsman:

The Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles Ombudsman shall receive, review and respond to complaints from the public concerning Board policies, procedures, rules and other matters within the jurisdiction of the board. The Ombudsman shall not respond to complaints about an individual parole determination or clemency determination.

Complaints should be submitted in writing to:

Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles
Attn: Ombudsman
8610 Shoal Creek Blvd.
Austin, Texas 78757
Email: bpp-pio@tdcj.state.tx.us
Fax: (512) 406-5482

Questions regarding an offender's review status can be directed to our status line: (936) 291-2106

Some TDCJ Regional Office Locations:

Houston Regional H. O.
4949 W. 34th St., Ste. A-3
Houston, Texas 77092
Phone: (713) 681-4828
Fax: (713) 681-4504

Dallas Regional H. O.
1010 Cadiz, Ste.105
Dallas, Texas 75215
Phone: (214) 428-8338
Fax: (214) 426-6239

Austin H. O.
2101 E. Ben White #1-A
Austin, Texas 78741
Phone: (512) 462-3502
Fax: (512) 445-0157

San Antonio Regional H. O.
2902 N.E. Loop 410, Suite #219
San Antonio, Texas 78218
Phone: (210) 564-3737

Waco H. O.
801 Austin, Suite 135
Waco, Texas 76701
Phone: (254) 752-3753

http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/bpp/new_parole_guidelines/new_parole_guidelines.html

http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/bpp/faq/faq.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back