PA easement addendum reversible?

Laura

a property i would like to purchase had an addendum to a driveway easement put on in 10/2013 right before it went to sherrif's sale in 12/13.
the former owner owned this parcel and both parcels on either side. the addendum gives them access to walk across my future property- which is in the middle- from both of theirs--- "North South East West" and "all over" my future property. this means they can walk across my front lawn, back lawn, all of my 20 acres anytime they want.
Can this be reversed since it's less than 2 yrs old and also both other properties can be accessed from a main road?

a property i would like to purchase had an addendum to a driveway easement put on in 10/2013 right before it went to sherrif's sale in 12/13.
the former owner owned this parcel and both parcels on either side. the addendum gives them access to walk across my future property- which is in the middle- from both of theirs--- "North South East West" and "all over" my future property. this means they can walk across my front lawn, back lawn, all of my 20 acres anytime they want.
Can this be reversed since it's less than 2 yrs old and also both other properties can be accessed from a main road?

You should discuss the matter with a real estate or property attorney.
One would have to read the entire deed, as well as the wording of the easement to properly advise you.
Generally, easements are extremely hard (if not impossible and costly) to change.
The law presumes you knew about the easement BEFORE you purchased the property.
Anyway, consult a couple local attorneys and see what they advise.

Laura,

You could issue a no trepass warning to everyone in their household. You can get the easement removed.... I had a pedestrian path way down my north property line. it took me 6 months but was able to have it removed. I would do as army judge suggested... consult a COUPLE attorneys. Some attorneys may tell you... Sure i can get that done. just to get the money.. the end result is that it can't be removed. That is why its important to talk to a few... if they all come up with the same answer then your good to go.

Back