PA: 3331-C Required Position & Method of Turning

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruseblues

Hey, I'm looking for some more info on a citation I received tonight.

I was pulled over for making a prohibited turn (an illegal left), but I was not aware of the sign and had never been in that part of Philadelphia before. The officer said he was giving me a break by not giving me two other tickets. He also said if I plead guilty to the citation and then appealed it, I would not get any points.

This is my first time being pulled over and I wanted to know what my best plan of action would be. I have no problem just mailing in the fine and forgetting about it. I do have a problem if there are points involved. The other thing is I'm from New Jersey and I did not know if that changed what the penalties were.

Thanks for any help you can give!

After some further research, it looks like it's a definite two point because I'm from NJ. Any moving violation out of state gives me those two points back home. I've been looking around some other forums and found that a recent NJ law allows me to pay a court surcharge to remove the points if I'm offered that option. I can also take a defensive driving course to remove those two points. I'm still confused about how the whole thing works, though. How do I get those NJ benefits through a PA court? Correct me if I'm wrong on any of this.

It's all bs. That code means nothing. Have you ever heard of the MUTDC, which all states are bound by(yet case after case, its proven they don't follow)

Please check your pms for the newest law from your state.

I went to the traffic court asking for more info on my ticket and the desk women entered a not guilty plea without even asking me. I'm hoping to plead down the case when I go to my court date. Are there any specific non-moving violations I might be able to tempt the prosecutor with pleading down to or should I basically just state my case and beg for mercy on my clean driving record?

update?

can you let me know how this turned out for you. I too am from NJ and got the same citation yesterday. I did not see the no turn sign either and would gladly pay the ticket if there are no points but will go to court to try and plead it down to avoid the points.

This thread is almost 2 years old. You should start a new one instead of reviving such an old one.

Anyway, the code 3331-C is good. Having not seen the sign is not an excuse that will get you anywhere. If it was clearly marked, you will be on the hook for the violation. Simply contact the court and ask about traffic school options to keep the violation off your record. You will have to pay the original fine plus traffic school fees.

i wanted to reach this particular person to see if he could update me on his experience. it was my first post and i thought there was a chance that his site would send him an email indicating that i responded to his post.

i wasn't going to use the "i didn't see it excuse if i go to court" i was just stating that i truly didn't see it. I was hoping to hear the original poster was able to plead it down (of course while still paying the fine)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back