Owner Financed and Insurance situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

puurrrfect

In 2003, we signed a contract to buy an acre of land with a mobile home on it. According to the contract we were to carry the insurance and taxes for the property. The seller told us that he would keep the insurance and taxes and we just pay him an extra set amount on top of the note. We have done this and continue to do this. On June 4th of this year a tree fell across the mobile home and destroyed it. When I called the seller to ask him to call the insurance company, he informed me that the insurance was cancelled 3 months earlier. I wrote on each check that the amount was for the land note, insurance and taxes. My question is since this was a verbal agreement (but with documentation that we did pay the extra amount each month) that the seller keep the insurance as long as we paid the said amount, do I have the right to request that land be considered paid off or at least get some of the money taken off of the remaining balance? This is not the only problem with the seller (such as he will not give us a pay off amount) but is the main one I'm concerned with right now. Thank you in advance and if any other information is needed let me know.

Aggravated in Texas

Take the bad guy to small claims court and let the judge settle it.

Sue him for the dollar amount of the damages to the trailer.

Thank you Judge, this is sort of what I had in mind. Now the next question is.. in December last year we bought a house and moved on the property to remodel and eventually move into. My husband does not want me to do or say anything to the seller in fear that he will "kick" us off the property and we lose both the land and the house we had moved on (and now living in). Other than the insurance and taxes (as mentioned above) we have not faulted on the contract at all. The one time we were late on the note was 2 days late and the seller is the one that told us it would be fine. Is there anything that you can see that would allow the seller to "kick" us off, causing the loss of the land and the new house?

Take care of this as soon as possible.

Thank you Judge, this is sort of what I had in mind. Now the next question is.. in December last year we bought a house and moved on the property to remodel and eventually move into. My husband does not want me to do or say anything to the seller in fear that he will "kick" us off the property and we lose both the land and the house we had moved on (and now living in). Other than the insurance and taxes (as mentioned above) we have not faulted on the contract at all. The one time we were late on the note was 2 days late and the seller is the one that told us it would be fine. Is there anything that you can see that would allow the seller to "kick" us off, causing the loss of the land and the new house?

What suggestions do you have about this question? Thank you for your help so far, it is really appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back