$$ owed by son on land deal.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cali

I sold my adult son some land in the state of AL several years ago, and signed it over to him before he had paid me in full. His remaining balance of $5000.00 is long overdue. I have no signed agreement from him, it was a verbal agreement only. Can I take legal action against him to collect the 5K?
Also, he and his wife owe me 17K for misc. personal loans. Again, nothing in writing, only verbal agreements. Anyway to collect this legally?
Thank you very much!

If I am in the wrong place on the forum, somebody please tell me where else I should post this. I really need some guidance on how to proceed with this matter, as I am not getting any younger, and my funds are running very low. I need some financial help desperatly and do not know where else to turn but to those who owe me. Someone please jump in here and give me some advise. Thank you very much.

Last edited:
The loan on the land would have to be in writing to be enforceable. They will probably claim the other was a gift and since you have nothing in writing your chance of recovering is slim.

You may try writing to them and ask about repayment. If they reply and acknowledge they owe you the money then you will be in a better position legally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back