Overstay, Illegal Status Overstay of H1B

Status
Not open for further replies.

koelle

Good day,
I am from Germany. I came to the US in 1998 with a J1 visa that was later changed to a HB1. My visa expired in 2004 and I continued to stay since. I want to move back to Germany because I never felled comfortable with my legal status. I lost my passport and my consulate will not issue me travel papers unless I can prove that I am not a U.S. citizen. I went to U.S. homeland security and US immigration office where I was told that they cannot help me, they don't wright such letters. I have a social security number, no criminal record and I do not want to cost this country any money (hence deportation). I was 6 month unemployed and never filed for unemployment (again to me it would not be right to have other tax-payers to pay for me). I always payed my taxes with no deductions.
All I am looking for is 1 line stating that I am not an American citizen and I could leave the country.
I cannot get anything from U.S. authorities and my consulate will not help unless I do. I am very desperate to get home.
Now I am an Illegal with a clean record that wants to leave the country but doesn't get help from his own consulate or U.S. authorities.
Thank you for your consideration.

Most consulate's are not equipped to assist in matters such as yours. Contact your nation's embassy in Washinton, DC. Or, communicate with your country's ministry (in Germany) that assists citizens with passport issuance.

Frankly I'm not surprised the US Homeland Security authorities shooed you away, even though you admitted to your illegal status.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back