other dog bit my dog

Status
Not open for further replies.

mal8mitch

At a Texas State Park yesterday, an unleashed dog attacked our leashed dog. We did not stay & talk to the man since he had another unleashed dog nearby. At home that day we saw our dog was bleeding - she had minor surgery & needs follow up. We made report w/park police & put the vet bill & our ph/add on the man's truck since he was in bed. We called him today & asked what he wanted to do. He said we could've handled it earlier & hung up. PLEASE HELP!

Obviously this individual thinks that he is going to get away with it. You should probably send him a pre-suit letter. Explain to him that he can either pay the bill now or you will sue him and that he will also be responsible for attorneys fees and punitive damages if you have to go to court. I'd also file a report in a local police station about the dog which was allowed lose by the owner. I'm not sure if the park police qualifies the same as the local precinct. Many police stations won't bother unless you are persistent. I'd do it as soon as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back