Orphans family after her money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boutte

I usually try to stay out of family squabbles especially when it's not my family. In this case however there is young girl who needs someone to help her lookout for her own self interest. The young lady turns eighteen in a few months and is to recieve the first of several payments from an account that was set up by her deceased father. The money was awarded to her from a personal injury when she was a small child.

As both her parents died when she ten she has lived with her aunt till now. The aunt is an alchoholic is emotionally abusive so of course she wants to move out. Two days ago the aunt physically attacked her. Since this wasn't the first time this had happened the girl called the police and made report. Once the police left and the news got out to the family she recieved a call from another aunt who is the person in the family who looks after the account. She threatened to make it very difficult for her to access the funds that are rightfully hers. Furthermore the aunt that the girl lives with slipped and let it be known that she intends to use the money to straighten out her finances. She say's it be a loan but I know for a fact that she has never repaid a debt in her life.

What can this girl do? She is very young and is in way ready to support herself but I suspect her family is not dealing with her fairly.

This is definitely wrong. I suggest that she transfer the money out of the account and get enough to start making a life for herself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back