oregon speeding ticket, help with appeals, court corrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.
how do you plead defendant John39?
guilty,I shouldn't have tried to have a debate with deputy sheriff mightymoose

:)

You win mightymoose

the title goes back to the scholar and the challenger retreats in the back,defeated

the end :)

That is what happens when I try to get raise....forced resignation....:(

The consolation is,it is easy to get employed back in virtual reality ...

:)

cheers,greetings from OH

At least now the proof is on transcript. This may turn into a lawsuit against the court or police officer if it the appeal does not end in my favor. The corruption is obvious (and now documented as well) and I intend on fighting for the truth.

Ha ha. A comedian, sue the court!

Lol, good one.

The court is impervious

you can't make anything stick to a court or to the head of the monster, i.e. hizzoner, but lol thanks for laugh. :D I needed that.

John-
It isn't a criminal trial.
While it is possible the officer could have been mistaken about the cell phone, his sworn testimony that it is true to the best of his knowledge goes a long way in a traffic court.
The OP can produce all kinds of records that mean nothing- police do not confiscate cell phones for these violations so there is no way the OP can prove by cell phone records that the officer is wrong. Besides, the OP could have been using the phone for other means, such as Internet access or use of other applications which is still in violation of the law. There is no way the phone records could absolutely defeat the officer's sworn statement, even if wrong. This is a pitfall to the system, but is very much the reason departments go to such great lengths to hire officer's with integrity. The standard would be much different in a criminal court.
As for the tuning forks, if the officer had presented tuning fork information the OP would be at task to explain how and why the forks are inadequate. Just because they might be from a different manufacturer does not make them inadequate. Different forks can meet the same specifications. The court heard the evidence and accepted the officer's training and maintenance of the equipment as sufficient. The OP was obviously taking a wild stab at an opportunity to defeat a citation and the court wasn't buying it. Anyhow, I highly doubt the OP handled the situation correctly and likely did not request any of this information until he was in the courtroom.
If he was serious about the matter he could have hired an attorney who would know more about court procedure and would subpoena the information in a timely manner before the hearing... and then he still would likely have lost the argument in court.

Bottom line- it is a traffic offense, not a criminal offense.

Police do not confiscate cell phones

But, there's always tomorrow! We'll get this thing nailed down yet!

No it isn't.

Traffic court is entirely different from a criminal court... although some traffic offenses are misdemeanors and felonies, and those can be handled in a criminal court.

One of the best tricks I've seen in court re: speeding, is where the judge reduces is to a NON-MOVING violation. That's even better than superman!

Able to speed while not moving, I love it!

The courts are a farce and most people fools

they actually expect to go to court and see justice done, omg, roflmao!
:nuts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back