Ordinance / Statute not Written on Citation

wingman358

State/County: Virginia/Arlington

Hello all. I received a parking citation the other night, but the law / statue that I supposedly violated is not written on the citation.

I have gotten speeding tickets before, where the statute was clearly written as "§ 46.2-1 " or something similar. I am not seeing that anywhere on this citation. What the citation does say is "Violation: NOT ON RIGHT HAND SIDE" and "Remarks: VEH FACING WRONG DIRECTION" but I am unable to locate any statute or law that says anything to that effect. I am sure there is a statute that exists which prohibits "NOT ON RIGHT HAND SIDE" but I can't find it! How am I to prepare a proper defense if I can't even read the statute?

Thanks.

§ 46.2-889. Location of parked vehicles.
No vehicle shall be stopped except close to and parallel to the right edge of the curb or roadway, except that a vehicle may be stopped close to and parallel to the left curb or edge of the roadway on one-way streets or may be parked at an angle where permitted by the Commonwealth Transportation Board, the Department, or local authorities with respect to highways under their jurisdiction.

Back