"Order of Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.

RJolly

I filed a complaint and am now facing a counter complaint.
In a trial at the small claims court, is there a set routine/order/procedure in which this case will play out?
For example, will I make my complaint, be answered by the defendant and then we will hear his case followed by my defense?
Or will I have to present my complaint and also my defense against their complaint first.
Thank you in advance for replies.

I filed a complaint and am now facing a counter complaint.
In a trial at the small claims court, is there a set routine/order/procedure in which this case will play out?
For example, will I make my complaint, be answered by the defendant and then we will hear his case followed by my defense?
Or will I have to present my complaint and also my defense against their complaint first.
Thank you in advance for replies.

The claim and counter claim will be heard at the same time, so be prepared. Good Luck.

I don't think that was his question blue.

Your complaint will be heard first and the Defendant will get the opportunity to Answer the Complaint. When the Judge is satisfied with that part of the hearing he/she will move to the counterclaim and hear the other case and you will defend.

If the Counter claim is really just a setoff (meaning something to be netted against your judgment) then you will still get a judgment with the Defendant getting a "credit" of sorts against the amount owed to you.

Does that answer your question?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back