1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Options?

Discussion in 'Law School & Careers in Law' started by Devildogg8993, Feb 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Devildogg8993

Devildogg8993 Law Topic Starter New Member

What can be done when a neighbor files a complaint with your supervisor, but fills a sworn statement full of lies just to try and make you look bad. I feel this borders on actual malice,character assaination\defamation at the work place. How could it be proven on a he said \she said ,type deal.

2. seniorjudge

seniorjudge Super Moderator

What, exactly, do you want to happen here?

3. cbg

cbg Super Moderator

And what damages have you actually suffered as a result?

4. Devildogg8993

As a matter of fact she went to my supervisors and an ivestigation was started. She was interviewed and a court reporter was present and her statement was sworn. This being said, she stated things that just were not true. It is not criminal in nature, its administrative, but I feel by intentionally lying under oath, with the intent to make me look bad I believe is defamation. Any and all advise/comments on how to handle this would be grately appreciated. Thanks.

5. Devildogg8993

Damages, could be suspension with loss of pay, and reputation damage at place of employment. Basically I would like to know if and all recourse that can be taken.

6. brendo927

brendo927 New Member

Try talking to HR about something like this first right seniorjudge?