Online harassment

A

Aesocrgal7

Jurisdiction
New York
My ex girlfriend has put up a website that shares personal information I me and my girlfriend and her family suck as where they work and live, she engages in forms of harassment such as slander, libel defamation and so on and she also is playing a detrimental role in my declining me talk Healy and it is all related to her. I have medical professionals to support that with factual evidence. Is this website breaking any laws is any of this legal?

Have you asked the website to take down the alleged libelous material?
Have you asked a lawyer how much it costs to sue someone for libel?
Hint, have you got $50,000 in a box under your bed?

Please re-read your post as it does not make sense and it is not clear what happened. If your ex posts online her opinion of you, your, family, and your current love interest, that is legal. I suggest ignoring her. Just like the rest of the world will do as there just isn't a large amount of interest in the rants of a random ex.

If she is posting things she knows to be false, and you can prove you have suffered some harm because someone read it and believed it (lost a job, turned down to rent a home, etc.), then you need to take the details to a lawyer in your area to discuss next steps. If it just caused you stress because you didn't like what you thinks of you, that calls for a pint of ice cream and movie night with good friends, not a lawyer.

Back