Harassment, Stalking, Misconduct Online harassment Desperate advice needed for friend

Status
Not open for further replies.

nycgal34

My question involves criminal law for the state of: New York

A friend of mine got drunk and sent a sexually explicit email to a girl he had a crush on. Both of them are 20 and were in the same school. He described how he loved her and wanted to have sex with her. It's sort of like the Bill oreilly scandal. Now he is petrified that she will press charges on him. This happened over a month and a half ago and he hasnt heard anything from the police. He is also afraid that he will be labelled as a sex offender. He hasn't contacted her since. He is going absolutely insane and doesn't leave his house. What charges could he face if he went to court? Could he get the sex offender tag if it did? Does it take the police a month and a half to act?

What advice can I give to him?

These are the details

1) This occurred on Facebook involving a fake account he created.

2) They don't go to the same college, they went to the same high school.

3) This happened over 6 weeks ago.

4) He sent a letter of apology a few days afterwards on another fake account.

Can he assume that because he hasn't heard anything from the cops in over 6weeks, she didn't contact them? Shouldn't he have heard of them by now?

You really can never assume anything, however, in most instances if the woman were to take the offensive note seriously, she'd likely either go to the police or get a restraining order, if she was scared enough possibly go to a shelter and ask for assistance.

The fact that six weeks has passed most likely indicates not much is happening or will ever happen

. The thing that muddies the waters is all the fake accounts, so I don't even know if the woman knows who sent the letters as I haven't seen the content of said letters. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back