One year lease trying to be terminate after three week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesse2love

:( My girlfriend sign a one year lease on a house on Jan 29,2008. And we have four children together she had to take one of kids to the dr. So I came over to baby sit. And this was on Feb 18, 2008 The landLord came over and see we are a mix couple I told her that my girlfriend wasn't home that she took the baby to the dr. And the only thing we know later that night she call and stated they decide not to rent the house know longer that the reason why that the floors need to be replace but the floors are fine. So we have 30 days to be out but the problem is we pay $400 rent plus $350 despoit and she told us that if we ain't out by March 1st 2008 another rent payment is due. We spend around $1500 not counting rent and despoit. To move her in and that was tax money that we did that with "" HELP"" we do not have the money to relocated we have Four young kids. She have not done anything wrong Can the landlord do this Please Reply :(

The lease is binding to both parties so unless there is a clause that allows him to terminate he cant. Also what state is this in as state laws vary. Last if Landlord wants you out ask him about a "buyout"

They cannot just evict you and termimate your lease. I would see aobut filing a complaint with HUD to see if anything can be done about the landlord.

go to the Housing Department in your city, and file a complaint for tenant discrimination against the landlord. If you live in a large city like Los Angeles they will have a Housing Department, usually under Building & Safety Department or maybe Rent Control department. Some cities have free tenant advice phone numbers for you to call. If the house is an illegal rental house the landlords usually try to take all sorts of liberties with tenants because it's under the table.

Also if you don't have a lease or some kind of written agreement with the landlord, they CAN tell you to leave with written notice. If you pay by the month, they have to give 30 days notice. With weekly rent payments, they can give you only 10 days notice to move.

Sometimes it is better to just move away from a discriminating landlord (maybe racist?) why would you want to be around someone who thinks like this. Usually means more problems for you in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back