old loan

Status
Not open for further replies.

amarian

10 years ago I filed my taxes with H&R Block and filed them Rapid Refund.
This year when I filed my taxes I received a letter from the bank that sponsored the Rapid Refund 10 years ago saying they are taking my tax return for re-payment of the Rapid Refund loan.
I was never made aware of there being a problem with the loan until I received this letter. I contacted the bank and they told me that only a portion of the money from the IRS was deposited.
I contacted the IRS and the gentleman I spoke with told me that there had been a problem with the direct deposit between the IRS and this bank. He told me that the IRS had tried to send me the difference and it was returned "undeliverable". He said he did not know if the check had ever been cashed because if it had not been it would show as a positive in my account, but it was not. He said he would send me a form to have the check traced. Once they find the check they will send me a copy of the check and a fnother form to fill out to dispute that it was me that cashed the check (if found that it was cashed). One the IRS determined that it was not me they would re-issue me the check. I never received the paperwork so I called the IRS back. The woman I spoke with told me that there was no way to trace the check from so long ago and that the IRS will only re-isse a check within 3 years. She told me that the gentleman had no right to tell me that they would.
If the IRS is unwilling to do anything since it has been so long, and the bank has already taken my money, what recourse do I have to solve this matter?
The amount of the original refund was $2900.00 the amount that the IRS repaid was 400.00. My refund from this year was $2300.00. The check from the difference that the IRS says they tried to send me is $2500.00. How can I get my money back?
Thank you for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back