Old lady served an information subpoena

Status
Not open for further replies.

butana12

My 70 year old mom's identity was stolen and she was sued by a bank for a $60,000 bad loan. Under free advise from a friend's lawyer friend, since my mom has no money or assets, no need to worry, just ignore all the letters and do nothing, there's no criminal charge involved, just judgement against her.
My mother lives on a low monthly social security check so she followed the advise and did not repsond to anything, including court apperance.
Now a default judgement is entered against her and she recieved an information subpoena which also passed the 7 day due day to reply.
Now, is she in contempt with the court? What does that mean? What will happen to her next now the due day is passed? What kind of trouble is she in if she keeps on doing nothing?
As long as there's no jail time involved, my mom is okay with a judgement or ruined credit because she is old, does not speak any English and can't afford to fight this case. Now with this information subpoena pass due, is it too late or should she start getting help right away?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back