Old employer is using my information and making out checks in my name

Mr.C

Jurisdiction
Pennsylvania
I went to the welfare office to file for food stamps and found out that I "earned" $334 last month (March) from an employer I haven't worked for in almost a year.

I called the police, they didn't have any input besides call a lawyer. What should I do about this, it has me dumbfounded.

It's especially upsetting because I gave that crappy job my best, and earned less there than any other place and I stayed loyal and even gave a two week notice before I transferred to another job.

Please help. Thanks.

I went to the welfare office to file for food stamps and found out that I "earned" $334 last month (March) from an employer I haven't worked for in almost a year.

I called the police, they didn't have any input besides call a lawyer. What should I do about this, it has me dumbfounded.

It's especially upsetting because I gave that crappy job my best, and earned less there than any other place and I stayed loyal and even gave a two week notice before I transferred to another job.

Please help. Thanks.

What did your former employer say was the reason for this?

I have not asked him, should i?

Did you receive payment for the $300?

If you're being penalized for it, you might as well get the $300 you earned.

Ask for the loot, or check your bank account and see if it was deposited and you failed to notice it.

I have not asked him, should i?
It seems to me like that would be the best place to start. It's entirely possible that this was a simple clerical error and not a nefarious plot.

In spite of what army judge implies, if there wasn't a valid reason for them "paying" you, you are not entitled to the money, even if it's already in your account.

The money was never deposited into my account.

The owner of the business has repeatedly inquired the past couple of months about my living location, I told him that I was planning to move at the beginning of this month. When I told him I hadn't moved yet he got a strange look on his face and went and busied himself abruptly.

The owner has a drug problem so I suspect foul play.

The owner has a drug problem so I suspect foul play.

I'd start by asking the agency where you applied for assistance if they'd give you a copy of the income information which disqualified you.

I'd also contact the state and federal tax authorities and see if you can obtain 2019 copies of reported income.

In some cases, you might be able to see that information online using the Social INsecurity site or the IRS site.

If the guy is a drug abuser, I'd be suspicious, too.

Back