Old company name vs. new company name issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

socialitepro

I co-owned a nightlife promotions company called MingleSF Events which has disolved just recently. The name was never registered with the county (No DBA) nor did we even get a business license, trade mark, etc. because we were in business for only 6 months. We did however get an LLC for what reason today I still dont know. Anyhow, we are in the process of disolving that as well.

I immediately started a new company called Mingle Promotions which is in the same industry. Do you think there is a problem with the new name because it has the word "Mingle" in it? The logo is completely different but with the same color scheme though as my old logo. Thanks in advance for your advice.

Without knowing more I wouldn't think there should be a problem with a brand new unrelated entity. The name "Mingle" is common and a descriptive term for social events too. If there is a "we" then I'd just want to make sure that I don't encounter problems from my former partners. In this instance, there may be more a business and personal issue than a legal one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back