Old Boyfriend

Status
Not open for further replies.

oceangirl

Hi, I Need Help With A Situation!!!
My Old Boy Friend Gave Me A Cell Phone And Bed Last X-mas And Now A Year L8r Saw Me With A New Boyfriend And Wants It All Back....he Had His Lawyer Send Me A Letter That Says I Owe Him $1500.00 For The Bed He "lent Me" And 900.00 For The Phone And The Usage Of It For A Year. I Have The Receipt For Both Of Them, The Cc Receipt Is In His Name, But The Rest Is All In My Name...what Can I Do??? I Would Like To Send The Lawyer A Letter That Sounds Professional...can Any One Help Me!!!????
Thanks,
The Silver Surfer

Is the phone bill in his name? If it is you should sotp using it as you are no longer together. As far as the bedm that sounds like a gift to me. You normally do not loan somebody a bed. It is up to you if you want to give the phone back and pay phone bills especially if you have over usage minutes, but I say the bed is yours.

I'm not an attorney but

I've had harassment and stalking from a former boyfriend. The quickest way to end it is to just pay up or give stuff back. And then there's nothing that reminds you of him and he's out of your hair.

Document everything you do in case there is harassment after you have returned what he wants to claim is his. You might want to have a non-related third party present to verify that you did give him everything he claims is his and so that he can't come back for something else. Get his signature on a statement that you have returned what is his.

You might get an attorney and fight it, but it could be a hollow victory if you win.

I guess it just depends on if you want to be totally rid of him or if you still have feelings for him. That's something you'll need to decide before you actually do anything.

Too bad that guys can't just be gentle-men, isn't it?

I don't think he has a case. If the phone and bed were not gifts, he wouldn't have let you continue using them when you didn't pay the first few months.

If you want to send a letter that sounds professional, please do not spell later "L8r." Other than that, you should be OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back