Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication officers lied now felony charges

Status
Not open for further replies.

queenwow

My 17yo son and girlfriend were driving in Phoenix when they were pulled over for "drifting". They were merging to the right lane for a turn, the cops who stopped them arrested my son for DUI based on "observations" they made up. They finally asked him if he had ever got high and he said yes the previous week. They had not read him his rights before they interrogated him. His UA tested pos for metabolites but again that was mishandled by allowing the UA to sit on a counter all night. He was not under the influence but AZ says they don't have to prove impairment only that they found metabolites. The report reads they were swerving. Now we're being pressured to accept a plea that is too severe for what he did. How can I prove no probable cause for the stop, and unlawful arrest. The prosecutors office has already said the cop is an officer of the court so would be believed over my son and his girlfriend. Any help or advice?

queenwow said:
How can I prove no probable cause for the stop, and unlawful arrest?

You won't be able to do that without an attorney. He would need to look closely at all the details of the case and then apply the huge amount of law to it and then see if there is any chance you can beat this. It is impossible to do this here on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back