Offer from Real Estate Investment Company

Status
Not open for further replies.

mp15

I have been contacted by an investment company that has offered to buy my home at the current list price with a lease option. I can't tell if the info is legit or if it is a scam. It really sounds too good to be true.

Here is the info that was sent to me. They also sent a very long Q&A document that pretty much answered any question I could think of. But I can't find any info on this company at all. I tried the BBB website, and I also tried to just google the company name, but nothing.

"I work for Dun & King Investments, a Real Estate Investment Firm. I
discussed your property with you on 4/8. We are willing to submit a formal offer to purchase the above-referenced property under a lease option for $114,900. All terms, including monthly payment, down payment and length of term, negotiable. Also, in our lease option deal, we pay all closing costs and we do have an option for guaranteed purchase. This offer will expire if not accepted on or before 5:00 PM, April 14th, 2008.

We can make the terms offer in three different ways. The first is for 1
year, with a purchase price of $114,900, a down payment of $1,500 and $700 payment per month. The second is for 2 years, with a purchase price of $119,000, a down payment of $2,000 and $650 payment per month. The third is for 3 years, with a purchase price of $124,000, a down payment of $2,500 and $600 payment per month. Also, Dun & King Investments will be refinancing certain properties in 2010, so if you sign a two year or longer contract, we can guarantee the purchase of the property. If you have anymore questions or if you want to move on to the next step please e-mail us anytime or call Mon.-Fri. 10 am to 4 PM."

I have requested a blank contract from the company so that I can have an attorney look it over, but I have not received it yet. If anyone is able to offer any help, I really appreciate it!!

I Recieved One Too!

My house is for sale and I also recieved the exact same message from them, with just the numbers different. I tried looking for them on the internet and found nothing except that their phone number is listed on a 1-800 watch list, but that provided no details either.

I received the same type of info and request. Sounds too good to be true to me. Also when she called me yesterday her phone signal was just toooooooo fuzzy.

I've dealt with them

I've dealt with them in the past on a couple of properties. I have another one for sale they made an offer on this last week, but I can't do it with them this time. They're okay to deal with. There were a couple of times they were a few days late with the payment, but everything worked out in the end, and if I could deal with them this time, I would.
I do have to say though, only do a lease purchase if you can afford it. Do not go into it upside down. If the numbers don't work, don't go into it. And don't go into it if you need all your money upfront, if you can wait till the term is ended, you will make a lot more, but that isn't worth it, if you need it all or more upfront. Last but not least, if you're not comfortable with this offer or any offer you receive, just simply say no thanks. That's what I did with them, and they were very professional about it, they even wished me well with the sale of my home. However, if you say no thanks, and they or anyone else that makes an offer hassles you, then that is crossing the line, and you should be suspicious.

Nick

My house is for sale and I also recieved the exact same message from them, with just the numbers different. I tried looking for them on the internet and found nothing except that their phone number is listed on a 1-800 watch list, but that provided no details either.

Real estate investment is in fact a superior market to invest and it can make you a millionaire if you are a serious market watcher and a serious buyer. The most important think to keep in mind while buying a property is to make sure that you are investing at a right place and at a right time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back