O'dell

Status
Not open for further replies.

mswolfey

I was 'pushed' by the court into accepting a financial guardian when my husband and I reunited after a seperation. The court would not agree to lifting the restraining order unless I accepted this settlement - almost like a 'plea bargain'

The guardian is very inattentive to my financial situation - the agreement for money is $1,000 to myself and $500 to the guardian - from an estate 'gifting' - to pay herself as well as my utilities. I live on a 40 acre ranch and have 'livestock' and dogs and this is a very meneal living to say the least.
My mother has alzhiemers & has been declared unable to manage her estate of at least 3 million and my brother (+ the bank) is the guardian.
I was declared disabled - emotionally as well as physically by the court but have too many resources to get help from S.S.I. and have not had enough work within the required time period for Social Security

What can i do to change this and not have to have this guardian.
The guardian is almost an enemy to my husband - as she is not protecting me exactly, because of his prescense in my life - only the money of my estate which I have no sight of recieving as i dont want at all(!) - or expect my Mom to pass soon.

My husband was declared disabled at the age of 30 after a serious car accident. Therein is where the resentment lies as they expect him to support me - which he cant. We are struggling to the point of bankruptcy at this time.
Do you have any advice???

I am in Washington state - closest metro is Spokane - sorry for the delay in response - it took me forever to find which forum i was on
- Paula

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back