Other Criminal Charges & Offenses Odd police activity more than a year after dismissal of charges

Status
Not open for further replies.

arbitrary

hi

i'm a co-owner of a residential property that is now on the market. more than a year ago i was in a living there, and in a relationship with a sociopath. towards the end of the relationship the sociopath was arrested for identity theft, fraud of some sort, etc, while at a store. i was arrested too, and charged with similar felonies as i sat in my car by the establishment. i was in holding for several days, during which time an officer involved in the arrest came to my cell and gave me a copy of a search warrant that had been served. none of the items on the search warrant had been found, but it said that they'd taken a couple of laptops while there. ultimately, we were both set free. i ended the relationship, we moved, and i haven't heard from her since.
earlier today, i was emailed about "vandalism" at the property on the market. from what i know, a gate along the side of the house was damaged (to an unknown extent) and there was a posted notice left by the same police department that arrested me alerting whomever read it to the damage. the odd thing is that the house i lived in and the city i was arrested in are not the same city... additionally, the city i live in is pretty crime-ridden, especially the district that the house is located in. the police of that city don't respond to most non-violent crimes within 24 hours of the time they are called in. this leads me to believe that the police department from the city where i was arrested caused the damage for some reason (they had total access to the property while i was in jail...?). i'm unable to check online whether there's a warrant for my arrest in this county. what should i do? call a lawyer? really any advice would be appreciated--this completely blindsided me...

I suggest you speak with a bail bonding agency in the county in which you suspect a warrant has been issued for your arrest.

Bail bonding agencies have access to this information and what such a bond would cost you.

That tactic keeps you off police radar.

That said, you need to clear up the criminal matter, if there is one, before worrying about the civil matter.

If you can't PROVE who damaged your property, it doesn't matter what you suspect, only what you can PROVE.

That said, do you have property owner's insurance? If so, bring the matter to their attention, otherwise, its your property, its your loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back