NYC Summons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solomondg1

Me and my friend got a summons about a month ago and the court case is comming up in a month.

Here is what happened:
We came out of school and we where going to go somewhere in my car. I got in, locked the doors as a joke and started backing out. As I was doing so my friend jumped on the hood of my car. At that point I lightly pressed the brakes and stopped and unlocked the doors. He jumped off and was comming inside when he looks over and sees a cop rolling in the parking lot. Then I look over and I see the cop. My friend gets in the car and the cop stops infront of us. He gives my friend a summons for disorderly conduct and I got a summons for reckless driving. I think the police officer thought I was planning on driving around the lot with my friend on my hood and that he jumped off ass soon as he saw the officer, however that is not the case. My friend jumped off BEFORE we see the police officer.

Questions:
What can happen to me and my friend and my licence?
I will be 18 by the time the court case rolls around but I got the summons when I was 17. Do I need a parent to be with me in court?
M y friend is 17 and will be 17 when the court case comes. Does he need a parent?
Should I pleed guitly or not guilty?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back