NY Car with Dealer Installed Navigation Different Model Than Bill of Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

whatifind

I recently purchased a new car that did not have a GPS navigation system. The dealer did not have the car available on the lot that I wanted and in order to get addtional incentives the car must have been in stock. The dealer offered to install a specific brand of GPS navigation system in the car and charged me an additional fee in order to make the car like the one they did not have available.
The actual model they specified did not actually go with my car. They did not even have the same brand and put in a "comparable" model that was of a different brand. The system was not fully integrated into the car like they said it would be. They installed an addtional back up camera and mounted it on the outside of the trunk when they could have put it where the original was if they purchased the smaller camera.
They are now offering me options to see different models, however they are still not up to the quality of the original system.
I got two quotes from private installers not affiliated with the dealer and their quotes are for a better model comparable to the factory installed version as well as the unit I could not get. This will cost more to install than what I originally paid.

Am I able to give the car back to the dealer in NYS since they could not provide me the car I signed the contract for? Are they only obligated to refund me the money I paid to have the navigation installed and I would have to do something else elseware?

Thank you in advance.

No, you won't be able to give the car back. You bought it and need to work out your problems with them or in court. Your best option is to continue working with the dealer, but the fastest option is to pay the extra cost and take it somewhere else... but if you do that the dealer is off the hook for anything else.

They are not obligated to refund you anything.

When you accepted delivery of the car that was your time to inspect it for these problems.

Try to be patient and polite so that they are willing to work with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back