Criminal Records, Expungement Nursing Facilities and Felony/Expunged records

Status
Not open for further replies.

beaniredux

Hi... I'm hoping this is the best location for my query. Please feel free to scold me if it's not. :eek:

I am entering a nursing program where I will be required to fulfill clinical rotations in public nursing facilities. I have a pending 1st offense, attempt to obtain controlled substance fraudulently, charge on my background check/criminal record. (I called in a prescription for a former co-worker of a dental office I worked in against my better judgement). I have final sentencing in a few weeks, but I have pled guilty with the offer of diversion for a period of one year, after which I will be allowed to have the charge expunged.

My specific question is 1.) will I be allowed to work in the clinical setting when the charge is in diversion (my understanding is it will show the charge as "diverted" in lieu of convicted/guilty)? 2.) once the charge is expunged, is it really expunged- or are there possible circumstances that it would show on a check down the road? and finally 3.) assuming I reach graduation and apply for liscensure with my state (KY), am I required to reveal charges that have been dismissed and expunged?

I am in the state of KY.

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely-
Beani

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back