Not sure what to do....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaim9778

I have lived with a guy for around four years. I am renting from my grandparents in a house they own. The lease is in my name. I pay all of the utilities. Basically this guy is a leech and refuses to move out. I've been to court before to try and figure out what the laws here are and get the run around. I've had to call the police on several occassions due to him being drunk and violent. The police will make him leave for the night. I've asked the police how do I get him out? I didn't think I had to evict him since he isn't on the lease? He doesn't have a key to my house but finds clever ways of getting in. When I tell him to leave he says he doesn't have to. If I threaten to call the cops he'll say go ahead, I have clothes here they won't make me go anywhere. I am at my wits end!! Please help.

follow up

Would the restraining order be able to get him out of my house that day? I think it costs between $75-$150 to get one in my county which I consider a little high, but I guess it would be worth it in the long run. Thanks

His behavior should be sufficient to get one and it shouldn't cost any money it's through the courts. You have had police involvement in the past so it is known. - it will cause him to be locked up if he breaks it.

Your best bet to permanently get rid of him, is to file a regular eviction. Unfortunately, even though he isn't on the lease, since he has been living there with you for so long, he does have tenants rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back