Not on Title but on 2nd??

Status
Not open for further replies.

rditr

A few years ago, my boyfriend and I bought a house together. Last year we went our separate ways, and he kept the house. I recently found out, that when I signed over the title, the first mortgage was paid in full to get my name off, however, the 2nd mortgage still exists, and I am the primary borrower. How can I get my name off the loan? I am no longer on the title to the property. Can they legally hold me financially responsible?

Originally posted by rditr
A few years ago, my boyfriend and I bought a house together. Last year we went our separate ways, and he kept the house. I recently found out, that when I signed over the title, the first mortgage was paid in full to get my name off, however, the 2nd mortgage still exists, and I am the primary borrower. How can I get my name off the loan? I am no longer on the title to the property. Can they legally hold me financially responsible?
This is trouble -- they can legally hold you financially responsible. You would need to take care of this with your ex if you can -- as well as convincing the bank, which might be difficult. Your not having title on the home does not mean you are not responsible for an outstanding loan that you signed with the bank. I'm wondering whether there were restrictions of notice to the bank with regard to your singing over title of the home to you ex boyfriend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back