Not Guilty - Reduction Letter

EQueens

Thanks for your reply - I did speak with the court clerk today and got a better understanding of what takes place. I have had my Conference date moved from Oct. to Aug. (to get it over with sooner) and I have hired an attorney to go to the Conference for me and get a deal. The Reduction Letter that I was informed of, evidently is mailed out after the Conference and is an official acceptance of the offered reduction. When I was first informed about pleading guilty, I was not informed about all the rest of the procedures.

Not that I have anything against attorneys, but in a case like this it's a waste of money. I don't know why people are so intimidated by traffic courts... You'll be paying someone to go and get the same deal you could have gotten.

The traffic court for the ticket I received is in the Town Of Rockland, NY which is located 130 miles from where I live in NYC. That is the only reason I had to hire an attorney - I simply would not have been able to drive 260 miles round trip for my Conference, plus there is the possibility of continuation should a deal not get made at the Conference. This was one of the reasons I was thinking of just pleading guilty.

Back