Not being allowed to see Grandma's Trust for 1mil$ estate

Status
Not open for further replies.

modlisa

My widowed Grandma with a 6th grade education and was the first of her family to come to the states from El Salvador as an indentured servant married and widowed when her 3 kids were young and supported her family as a seamstress died with an estate valued at about 1 mil from RE investment properties bought and sold with my father for the last 15 years before he passed away 8 years prior to my Gram in 1994. Grandma who created a trust 25 years prior to her death at 99 yrs. Suffered from acute dementia as long as I can remember and became notivcable worsend after my father's passing a few years later and with my Dad gone and her dementia full blown the trust was never ammended according to changed curcumstances..bennifitting only my Aunt and her kids with father's untimely death and the 3 properties he co-owned with my grandmother which also died with him from the collapsed RE market and the morgages he took out against the homes he was in control of while the properties she was in control of never touched and now owed outright. Now my Aunt who was the only surviving child is in control of all properties including 3 San Francisco homes 1 was sold for 500K 5 yrs ago I just found out searching public records. 1 was given to her oldest kid in the same neigborhood where the 2 similar houses next door are valued at 800K according to public records I have seen and the last I believe is still used as investment property. She has never allowed my sister or I to see the trust and is only allowing her own children to benifit from it. Her 6 kids all own property and some don't even work, and now they are talking about creating their own Living Family Trust with my Aunts money but who also never worked and at one time she was the families joke about who would care for her as she had no money and owned nothing, so I know where her money came from. We are never invited to holiday functions anymore and I am told by my cousins they get gifts and financial help frequently from 1k up to 15K and when I ask what happened with monies from one of the houses sold they claim it was used for other expenses but no details. As an direct heir after my fathers passing should her estate have not been split between my aunt and my dad but with him gone bypassed himand gone to my sister and I, as there was no husband or other siblings?..Don't I have any rights to anything? What kills me the most is Grandma would never had so much had it not been for my dad and their joint efforts in the real estate market and the only one she would ever call for help..He was the only one she confided in..He was allways her favorite son ..Now I believe my Aunt and familyhas willfully kept my sister and I from our rightful inheiritance because we never knew we had to fight for our rights.. My sis is married, rich and does not care and lives far away but I am not as fortunate with 2 kids and 2 deadbeat dads who never paid any support I am unable to provide for my 18 year old who wants to become a Paramedic as I recently lost my job then my home and am currently living in my car..Can I petition the court before they spend all the money? why are her kids only beniffiting?? I had no idea families behaved this way where money is at stake..I have asked to see her will and trust documents for years to no avail..What can I do before it is all spent??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back