1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Not attending mandatory mediation.

Discussion in 'Foreclosure, Repossession, Auctions, Short Sales' started by jetliner2, Jun 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jetliner2

jetliner2 Law Topic Starter New Member

I'm in the process of divorce and the house is in foreclosure. I am staying in the house until the court says I have to go. Basically I just need time to get the finances stabilized.

The banks lawyer sent me a notice about a mediation in the case. As I have found, Florida requires the mediation to try to not bog down the courts, though as I am reading, it's quite a flop. My question is what happens if I just don't attend the mediation? I've not received any type of summons, and the lawyers letter says if I don't provide all of the paperwork they want, then the mediation will be canceled. So am I correct in assuming that if we don't do the mediation, then this would go to court as it would have anyway?

2. disagreeable

disagreeable Well-Known Member

In all likelihood, yes.

3. Betty3

Betty3 Super Moderator

Agree - that would be the case in this situation. (It "seems" you did go to court per your later posts.)