Not At Fault & No Life Threatening Injuries

mindyourbeeswax

Jurisdiction
South Carolina
I was in an auto accident which wasn't my fault. I didn't goto the ER right away because I had no life threatening injuries. As time pass I started to suffer from emotional stress from the accident causing me to loose sleep.

The accident caused me to loose the source of income I had coming in so I had to find a new job. So about a week and a half later I found a new job, which is paying much more less and I had to miss work because of the loss of sleep. The loss of sleep caused me to have very bad insomnia, chest pains, a headache and I can't focus on any task the way I use to. This accident also cause me to end up behind on my bills because my car was my money maker.

With that being said, will I be able to recoup money thats loss from this situation?

Can I recoup money for the caused of insomnia and etc?

Last edited:
Way too many things left out of your story. Please answer the following questions and answer them specifically one at a time and use exact dates where asked.
1 - Date of the accident?
2 - How did the accident happen?
3 - How are you not at fault?
4 - What damage was there to your car?
5 - Why did the other driver's insurance not pay to repair or replace your car?
6 - Did you have collision insurance?
7 - Approximate date of the onset of emotional stress, chest pains, headaches, and difficulty sleeping?
8 - Why did you lose your job?
9 - What date did you lose your job?
10 - Why was your car your source of income?
11 - Have you had any medical or psychiatric treatment for your issues?

Because this case is still open. I cannot go into full details of what happened. But, I had the right of way while the other driver didn't, ran through a stop sign without looking and I smashed into her vehicle. The police have the other driver at fault for not obeying traffic signs and trying to flee the accident scene.

The insurance company of the driver is paying for the repairs but they are low balling me and my vehilce was used for ride sharing. It was my only source of income and now I'm behind in bill payments.

Then consult an attorney because I can't make any helpful comments without details.

I will say, however, that without paid medical treatment for any injury whether it be physical or mental, you've probably got nowhere to go with an injury claim.

Then consult an attorney because I can't make any helpful comments without details.

I will say, however, that without paid medical treatment for any injury whether it be physical or mental, you've probably got nowhere to go with an injury claim.

Just curious, are you a attorney or a claims adjuster?

Legal Disclaimer: The content appearing on our website is for general information purposes only. When you submit a question or make a comment on our site or in our law forum, you clearly imply that you are interested in receiving answers, opinions and responses from other people. The people providing legal help and who respond are volunteers who may not be lawyers, legal professionals or have any legal training or experience. The law is also subject to change from time to time and legal statutes and regulations vary between states. It is possible that the law may not apply to you and may have changed from the time a post was made. All information available on our site is available on an "AS-IS" basis. It is not a substitute for professional legal assistance. Before making any decision or accepting any legal advice, you should have a proper legal consultation with a licensed attorney with whom you have an attorney-client privilege. For purposes of New York and New Jersey State ethics rules, please take notice that this website and its case reviews may constitute attorney advertising.

Legal Disclaimer: The content appearing on our website is for general information purposes only. When you submit a question or make a comment on our site or in our law forum, you clearly imply that you are interested in receiving answers, opinions and responses from other people. The people providing legal help and who respond are volunteers who may not be lawyers, legal professionals or have any legal training or experience. The law is also subject to change from time to time and legal statutes and regulations vary between states. It is possible that the law may not apply to you and may have changed from the time a post was made. All information available on our site is available on an "AS-IS" basis. It is not a substitute for professional legal assistance. Before making any decision or accepting any legal advice, you should have a proper legal consultation with a licensed attorney with whom you have an attorney-client privilege. For purposes of New York and New Jersey State ethics rules, please take notice that this website and its case reviews may constitute attorney advertising.

I'm new to the site. Thanks for letting me know that. Its very much appreciated.

Hmmm, good question. Let's examine it for a moment. I call myself adjusterjack not lawyerjack, not attorneyjack, so could we conclude that I am an adjuster and not an attorney? Yes, I think we could.

Anyway, I am a 35 year veteran of the insurance industry with 9 years as a claim rep before I retired.

Back