Corporate Law non-profit dispute with a township

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRUSADERJENNY

hello, i am writing from the great state of michigan. i am owner of a non-profit group that grades cemetery conditions and offers to restore them when others can't or simply will not. i am curious to know some things because i feel we were wronged.

i was told to submit a project proposal to this charter township on how to restore their cemetery. i did so and it was unanimously appoved by their board. on public record at their april 11 board meeting they said this verbatim "motion to hire (my group name) for the sum totalling no more than $1,950 dollars" . it was all "yays" of course.

if they said those words, why then would the municipal services director give their DPW director that money ($1,950) to buy the supplies for the project. we were hired on public record for that amount. this dpw director said that the township is going to keep the supplies and the municipal services director (who is not a board member) made him project manager.

right in the proposal it said that the sources allotted TO US would be 100% tax deductible. if we will receive nothing do i have to write this off for them?

please help! i love what i do but this has put a lot of strain on the relationship with the charter township. the whole scenario seems shady.

thank you in advance and i hope someone can help me.

hello, i am writing from the great state of michigan. i am owner of a non-profit group that grades cemetery conditions and offers to restore them when others can't or simply will not. i am curious to know some things because i feel we were wronged.
Sorry to hear about the problem. Thank you for telling us your state. :)

i was told to submit a project proposal to this charter township on how to restore their cemetery. i did so and it was unanimously appoved by their board. on public record at their april 11 board meeting they said this verbatim "motion to hire (my group name) for the sum totalling no more than $1,950 dollars" . it was all "yays" of course.
if they said those words, why then would the municipal services director give their DPW director that money ($1,950) to buy the supplies for the project. we were hired on public record for that amount. this dpw director said that the township is going to keep the supplies and the municipal services director (who is not a board member) made him project manager.
I don't know the rules of your particular township. Perhaps your director doesn't. I'm curious, does anyone else know what happened? Is this something that a board member will speak up about if a wrong was committed? I'm not sure that this was a shift of funds that wasn't alotted to the project - was it? After all, if you needed $1,950 for supplies, does it matter who purchases them? I'm guessing it's a little different and will add something below.

right in the proposal it said that the sources allotted TO US would be 100% tax deductible. if we will receive nothing do i have to write this off for them?

please help! i love what i do but this has put a lot of strain on the relationship with the charter township. the whole scenario seems shady.
Here is where you've lost me. What do you mean "tax deductible" to you? If you have a non-profit then you should know how that works. But what was the money going to be used for? To pay people who would perform labor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back