Criminal Records, Expungement Nolo Contendre Plea = No Expunging Record?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceqwene

The state or country I am talking about is: Sunny - FL

Last July, son was speeding. When getting his ticket, it was discovered his license was suspended reference another speeding ticket earlier the previous year, to which he paid, attended the class (has proof), but was not updated through the driver's license office which then suspended his license.

He received another ticket for driving on a suspended license (with knowledge) - but he really didn't know) which apparently was a criminal offense.

Both tickets stated that he had 30 days to schedule a court date.

Come to find out - the suspended license ticket really had to be addressed in 10 days, so, when he went to pay for his speeding ticket he found out there was a warrant out for his suspended license ticket. The officer put down the wrong information.

Long story short, he pleaded nolo contendre to both of these, to which, he now wants to get his criminal record expunged. Against my advice, I wanted him to get an attorney to represent him since the whole thing was a total mess from the beginning.

Is there any recourse for him to get these things fixed now :confused:

Why did your son plead nolo?

Fla. Stat. Ann. § 943.0585 seems to be applicable. Taking a cursory glance at the law your son may be eligible for expungement at the proper time. The number for the Sealing & Expungement Section of the Florida Department of Law Enforcement is (850) 410-7870 and I believe that there is a $75 application fee. Wishing him the best of luck and hopefully learn from this experience and take care of matters as soon as possible.

Iceqwene said:
The state or country I am talking about is: Sunny - FL

Last July, son was speeding. When getting his ticket, it was discovered his license was suspended reference another speeding ticket earlier the previous year, to which he paid, attended the class (has proof), but was not updated through the driver's license office which then suspended his license.

He received another ticket for driving on a suspended license (with knowledge) - but he really didn't know) which apparently was a criminal offense.

Both tickets stated that he had 30 days to schedule a court date.

Come to find out - the suspended license ticket really had to be addressed in 10 days, so, when he went to pay for his speeding ticket he found out there was a warrant out for his suspended license ticket. The officer put down the wrong information.

Long story short, he pleaded nolo contendre to both of these, to which, he now wants to get his criminal record expunged. Against my advice, I wanted him to get an attorney to represent him since the whole thing was a total mess from the beginning.

Is there any recourse for him to get these things fixed now :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back